- This is key, tattoo it on your forehead backwards. You must have scheduled, protected time every weekday in your calendar and cell phone. Defend it with your life.
• I suggest 8 to 9 am or if you have little kids noon until 1 pm while you munch a sandwich.• Never at night, weekends or holidays.• Get a quiet place even if it’s your car. No distractions.• Turn off your phone, email, texts for secretary, nurses, patients, pharmacists, hospital, clinic, nursing homes, family, friends, internet, radio, tv and magazines and stay focused for one hour daily for 5 weekdays.
- Charge $300 per hour for insurance and lawyer’s letters and put it in a special bank account to treat yourself and your spouse.
- Reward yourself when done with a coffee and newspaper.
- Come back a day early from vacation to get caught up.
- Get caught up now by going in Sunday and then stay ahead of it every weekday.
- Bring in patients to help you with chartomegally= big forms for insurance, lawyers and government.
How to set boundaries between work and home so that you can practice rural medicine in a sustainable way and prevent burnout in your physician career. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-UMCAF2zn4&t=32s “Feeling like they can’t do enough for their patients, or that...